jeudi 11 avril 2013

Nibbling On: LUNA Bars

I work in a restaurant, and it seems to be a pretty common misconception that people in this industry are well fed. I can see where that idea comes from. We're around food all day and we talk so highly about our product, but that means nothing. If anything, we spend the majority of the day starving. My employer is decent enough to offer the staff what is called "family meal" at 16h every day. There are some spotty days, but it's usually well-balanced, relatively healthy and most importantly, filling. Besides that however, we're on our own all morning long before and all night after family meal. So I like to have snacks on my person during work for when I just need a break or for those mornings where I'm running late (ie, every morning). 


I discovered LUNA bars last summer while browsing the energy bar aisle at my grocer (yes, my grocery store has an entire aisle of energy and protein bars; there are three gyms around it). At the time, I wanted to have something to snack on during my four-hour bus ride to and from New York. I was surprised to learn that LUNA is actually a branch of Clif bars created specially for marketing towards women.  It's definitely working because I pick these up regularly. I like the variety of flavours to choose from and I find the wrappers rather appealing. They're perfect to just chuck in my bag and have a kick of energy and nutrients that I appreciate. Last week, they were on promo 10 for $10 so I picked up a whole variety. Normally, I usually get S'mores or White Chocolate Macadamia when it's around. Their website is very well laid out if you'd like to see a full listing of their products or just to learn more about the company.

What is your favourite energy bar or snack food? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter. I'd love to hear what your go to snack is. Thanks for reading!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire