mercredi 10 avril 2013

Review: Secret Clinical Strength Deodorant in Ooh-la-la Lavender

SUCH a random product to review, I know, but I figured I would share my opinion of it with you because of everything it promises. Allow me to give you an idea of why this subject is a big deal for me. In mid-January, I got promoted from hostess to backwaiter at the restaurant I work in. Boy, I did not know the beating I was getting myself into. Up and down the stairs fifty times a shift. Carrying 30-50 pounds at a time. Burns, cuts, bruises, broken nails. Getting barked at all of the time. It is tough. So tough that I started freezing up and having panic attacks for little to no reason. And just to add insult to injury, as a result of all of these things put together, I started getting these unsightly sweat stains at the pits of my black shirts. Great. So I picked up one of Secret's Clinical Strength deodorants hoping it would help.


The product's main focus is repressing "stress sweat" which apparently smells four times worse than normal sweat. I didn't have an odor problem but I definitely did have a wetness issue - hence the staining. I've been using it for about a month now and am thrilled to say that I'm looking good! I have noticed that I very rarely feel like I'm sweating there at all anymore (normal or healthy? probably not, but remember the priorities). My arm pits (and all the muscles in my arms too!) look good; the rest of me doesn't because the job just can't be helped, it seems.


My previous deodorant of the same scent was around the $5 mark, while the Clinical Strength version cost about $8 (on promo, otherwise it's normally closer to $10). My major complaint about this deodorant: there is so much packaging for so little product. Look at the stick, it's brand new and only half of it is filled.


Why is the tube only half full? Why is the box so much bigger? Why does it even need to come in a box? For whatever reason, this gets me really worked up and I'm not even that environmentally conscious. Wastefulness aside, this is a product worth investing in if you need to keep sweat, stressed or not, under control.

Thank you for taking the time to read about deodorant! A pretty awkward thing to write about, but it's certainly something all of us use (I hope so, at least). Hope to see you soon!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire